Before you hard reset your Mac, it is wise to do the following.
- Back up important data
- Sign out of iTunes, messages and iCloud
- Unlock any app that is locked to your Mac
Doing the above steps will make it easy to logon to these platforms after resetting your device.
To hard reset do the following;
1.Restart your Mac and hold down the Command and R keys while it boots.
If you are asked to choose a language of your choice, choose English
2. Run the Disk Utility.
3. In the Disk Utility screen, select your device’s main hard disk volume, then click on Unmount, then Erase.
4. Erase all contents of other disks in the device.
5. Exit the Disk Utility by clicking Quit Disk Utility in the Disk Utility menu.
6. Click on Reinstall macOS and follow the steps to reinstall the operating system onto the primary disk.
How to Hard Reset your iPhone
To hard reset your iPhone do the following:
1. Run the Settings app and choose General , Reset , Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If you’re asked for your Apple ID and Password to confirm the reset, enter them.
3. When you see a warning and a red Erase iPhone (or iPad) button, click on it.