Yes it’s true, you can connect a PlayStation 4 (PS4) controller wirelessly to a windows PC using an emulator.
1. Internet and Bluetooth enabled windows based PC. Preferably a window 10 PC
2. DS4 Windows Software.
3. Fully charged PS4 controller
Here is how to connect PS4 controller to PC
- Connect your PS4 controller to PC via Bluetooth. Press the PS button on your PS4 controller and check the Bluetooth interface of your pc to ensure it is connected.
- Make sure your PC is connected to the internet.
- Go to https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/releases and download DS4 windows. Download and extract to any location of your choice.
- Open the extracted folder and locate the executable file. You can make a shortcut to the file on your desktop
- Start DS4 windows by clicking on the executable file.
- DS4 windows will find your connected PS4 controller and may give a prompt to download additional software needed to make the PS4 controller work. This will only happen if you are doing this for the first time.
- After additional software have been downloaded and installed, reboot your PC
- Make sure your PC’s Bluetooth is active, then press the PS button on your PS4 controller to connect.
- Start DS4 windows and it will immediately activate your PS4 controller for gaming. If properly connected, the PS4 controller light will show boldly.
- To check that the controller is working perfectly you can click on TEST CONTROLLER on the DS4 windows interface.
- It will take you to a webpage where you can test your controller.
Note that the DS4 windows software makes the Windows PC think that the PS4 controller is an Xbox 360 controller.