Browsing the internet is fun. But it can also be a source of nightmares. Below are things you should be very careful of when online;
- Be very careful how you publish your personal information. Be very private with your location, email address, phone number, date of birth etc. Make sure websites that ask for personal information are trusted ones that won’t misuse the information to bring you harm.
- Be careful of images & videos you post. Make sure you examine and censor them before uploading online. Note that once online these things are very hard to delete.
- Make sure messages you post online don’t contain abusive, defamatory, hate speech and the likes. It can get you into serious trouble.
- If you are a blogger, be careful what you publish. Your integrity is staked on this. Always research, verify information or article before you publish online. You can be held liable for misinformation.
- If you make a friend online and want to meet the person physically, be security wise. It is advisable you do not go alone.
- Avoid adverts that are too good to be true. Hackers use this trick to get private information such as passwords from victims.