What is hard reset
Hard reset means the process of returning your device to factory state. Which is the same state your device was when you purchased it brand new. Think well before you do a hard reset because the process is irreversible. You cannot undo the reset once done. Any files stored or installed on the device are deleted in the process. If you want a hard reset, you need to follow the instructions for your device.
Why a Hard Reset is Necessary
A hard reset is necessary if your device becomes unstable, unusable or if its security features have been severely compromised. Also if you are going to sell your used phone or give it permanently to someone, it is necessary you do a hard reset.
How to Hard Reset Windows 10 PC
Your Next Gen Windows device likely offers more than one way to reset it.
The following method describes how to hard reset Windows 10 PC when you have access to it.
1. Click the start button. In the Start menu, click on Settings or PC Settings, depending on your operating system version.
2. In Windows Settings, click on Update and Security.
The Windows Update screen appears.
3. Click on Recovery in the menu on the left side of the Window.
4. Click on the Get Started button in the Reset this PC section at the top of the window.
At this point, you may be prompted to insert the original installation CD on which you received Windows 10. But in most cases you don’t have to. Windows 10 usually stores a recovery copy in the harddrive.
Windows will offer you two choices;
a. Keep my files:
b. Remove everything:
Option a means that files stored in data folders such as documents folder will be preserved intact after the reset.
Option b means that all files and apps will be removed during the reset.
5. Select the reset option that best suits your needs.
6. When you are ready to proceed, click on the Reset button.
7. From here on follow the prompts. If you receive a prompt asking you to continue to Windows 10 or troubleshoot, click continue to windows 10.
8. Hard resetting your windows 10 PC will take a while.