Most equipment used for making soap at home are available in your Kitchen.
Soap making equipments
- Heat and corrosion resistant bowls: this could be heat resistant plastic bowls or stainless steel bowls. Wooden or aluminum bowls should be avoided.
- Electric scales and pipettes: Soap making is a precision process. The ingredients have to be mixed in the exact quantity. The makes the high precision electric scales and pipettes essential tools to have.
- Corrosion resistant pots and spoons: pots and spoons should be able to resist the corrosiveness of caustic soda or lye. Aluminum and wooden spoons should be avoided.
- PH indicators: this helps to measure the power of the lye and also ensure that the PH of the soap making ingredients is within accetable levels.
- Moulds: moulds for soap making are available in a wide range sizes. Soap moulds can be made of plastic, silicone or stainless steel material
- Cutters: for cutting the soap into standard sizes after it has hardened.