PS4 remote play typically means controlling and playing your PS4 console/ games on your PC or mobile phone.
To enable remote play for your PS4 you need the following.
- A PS4 console with an active PlayStation account.
- A high speed internet connection preferably 5Mbps
- Window/ Mac PC or Compatible mobile phone/tablet
- Latest version of the remote play app installed on your PC/ mobile device
Preparing your PS4 for Remote Play
Make sure your PS4 software is updated to the latest version. The console automatically does this when connected to the internet. You can also do it manually by going to
SETTINGS, SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE, UPDATE NOW and follow the prompts.
You must have an active PlayStation account. You can go to PlayStation.com and open a new account. Then using your login details, signing to your account in the console.
Activate your console as primary. To do this go to Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PlayStation 4. Then select Activate.
Enable remote play on your console. From your home screen go to Settings > System > Remote Play, and then turn on Enable Remote Play.
Preparing for PC for Remote Play
Just download and install the latest version of the PS4 remote play app. You can download it HERE.
Preparing your mobile phone/tablet for remote play
Just go to Google PlayStore or your phone’s official app store and type PS Remote Play in the search bar. If a link to download the app comes up then your device is compatible, if not , then your mobile device is incompatible.
How to Connect your PS4 to PC using Remote Play
- Switch on your internet
- Switch on your PS4 and make sure it is connected to your internet
- Check that remote play is enabled on your console.
- Switch on your PC and connect it to the internet.
- Start the remote play app installed on your PC
- On the app choose the PS4 console to connect to
- The app will automatically connect your PC to PS4 and you will be able to control your PS4 from your PC.
If the app doesn’t automatically connect, the app will tell you what is wrong. Alternatively you can use the manual link button to connect manually to the console. After clicking the manual link button, follow the instructions shown. You will be told to enter a code generated from your PS4 and enter it into the space provided in the remote play app of your PC.
After the first time connection, you shouldn’t have problems connecting after. You won’t even need the console connected to your TV. Just switch on the console, then start the remote play app on your PC, choose your console on the app then it will automatically connect. Only when problems arise will you need the connected TV to resolve the issue.
If you set the console to standby mode, you can start the PS4 from the remote play app and start gameplay.
To use the PS4 controller on the PC use a compatible USB cable to connect controller to PC
For more information on remote play go to