Ingredients & ratios
1¼ cups whole milk, or more if needed.
3½ cups of flour, plus more for kneading and shaping.
1teaspoon of salt.
2¼ teaspoons of instant yeast.
1tablespoon of sugar.
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
1. Heat the milk in the microwave or in a pot on the stove until it reaches about 37°C or a little hotter than lukewarm.
2. Combine the flour, salt, yeast, sugar, oil, and milk in the mixer bowl. Mix until the dough is barely sticky, and easy to handle. Next, flatten the dough out on a work surface already painted with flour and knead until smooth. This will take another 4 or 5 minutes.
3. Grease a large bowl with oil. Shape the dough into a rough ball,put it in the bowl, turn it to coat all over with oil, and cover with
plastic wrap. Let rest at room temperature for about 2 hours for the dough to double in size.
4. Press down on the dough to deflate it. Dust the work surface with a little flour, turn the dough out onto it, cover with plastic
wrap, and let rest for 15 minutes.
5. Grease a loaf pan with oil. Place the dough into the pan and shape it. Cover it with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rise again for 1½ hours.
6. Heat the oven to about 176°C. Brush the top of the loaf lightly with water. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool completely before serving.