Making cubed sugar at home is something you can easily achieve. The major things you need are granulated sugar, clean water, bowl, mould or knife
- Pour 2 cups of granulated sugar into a bowl.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of water to it.
- Mix thoroughly until the sugar is workable enough to be moulded.
- Place it in a flat metal tray . Then compress and straighten.
- Using a sharp knife, make a series of horizontal and vertical slices along the compressed moist sugar forming little sugar cubes.
- Heat your oven to 120 degrees Celsius, then switch off and place the moist cubes of sugar in the oven for about an hour.
- Bring the hot cubes out of the oven and let them cool.
- There you have it, homemade sugar cubes.
- Store in an airtight container.
After step 3, you can place the moist sugar in small sugar cube moulds (purchased separately) . Then leave it to dry in fresh air until sugar is dry then remove the moulds to get your sugar cubes.