Cocoa is used to make chocolate. This article will briefly expand the procedure of how you can make cocoa powder for a nourishing chocolate drink at home.
Major items you need are:
3. Frying pan ( for roasting)
- Break the Cocoa pods and extract the seeds into a container.
- Wash the seeds to remove the fleshy content around it.
- Sun dry the seeds for about a week.
- Roast the dried seeds in a frying pan. When the cocoa seeds are well roasted it gives off a nice smell and popping sounds.
- Let the seeds cool then remove the outer shells of the cocoa seeds.
- Next put these roasted cocoa seeds into a blender and blend moderately.
- There you have it, your cocoa powder is ready to prepare a nice Chocolate drink.
Note. If you over blend the roasted cocoa seeds it turns into a cocoa paste or chocolate paste.