Raising your vehicle means to lift up your car at the side (to change tires) or at the front and back (to work under the car). Vehicles are raised using a jack. Be cautious when raising your vehicle with a jack as any mistakes can result in serious injury.
Take the following precautions
- Do not put any part of your body or get underneath the vehicle supported only by the jack
- Always place the jack on a solid, level surface before using it to raise your vehicle.
- Do not start the engine while the vehicle is supported by only by the jack.
- Stop the vehicle on level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put the shift lever in P (automatic transmission) or R (manual transmission)
- Make sure that the jack is properly set at the jack point on your car.
- Don’t raise the vehicle with someone inside.