Almost every software application and technological device will require a password to control access. This means that the number of passwords you need to remember, grows. Moreover there is always the tendency to use the same password for devices or applications. This habit should be avoided as it poses a serious security risk. Even if you have 20 passwords they must all be unique. So how should you handle your passwords, checkout the sub topic passwords ethics below;
- Keep all your passwords unique; yes, if you have 20 devices/apps. that require passwords, they must all be different.
- The passwords should not be easy to guess; ensure that your passwords are not patterned such that it makes them easy to decode.
- Avoid short passwords;The longer, the better.
- Make strong passwords by using a combination of symbols, numbers, lower and uppercase letters.
- Keep your passwords in a safe place. You can write them down and store them in a place only known to you. You can even store them in your computer, just don’t make it obvious. Better still, you can use a password manager