The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra was released January 29, 2021. It is the most advanced Samsung Galaxy phone till date and very expensive.
Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, these are reasons you should;
- It is the most advanced Android Phone Yet.
- It can take pictures and shoot videos at 108MP with a selfie camera of 40MP
- It’s a 5G phone, so you can browse and download at lighting speed.
- The Galaxy S21 Ultra is compatible with the S pen; Great!
- With its powerful CPU, GPU and RAM, multitasking and playing high ended games is very easy and smooth.
- If you are a YouTube content creator, good news; with Galaxy S21 ultra you can record videos at 4k and 8k resolution.
Note: The S21 ultra does not ship with a charger (you have to buy seperately or keep the ones you already have), no memory tray and no wired earphone slot. Although compatible with Spen, there is not slot to fix the pen within the phone.
Don’t buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra if;
- If you are on a budget; It’s very expensive. The official price starts at $ 1,199. About ₦493,795.88. Think well before you buy.
- Your memory needs are High. No memory expansion tray as with the previous S series. You have to make do with the phone’s built in internal memory except You go for the S 21 that comes in 256GB and 512GB memory which is more expensive.
- You are not an High end phone user.If all you do with a phone is just make calls and perform other simple tasks, then you don’t have to buy this phone.
Galaxy S21 Ultra Full specifications.
Body: 165.1×75.6×8.9mm, 227g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins), Stylus support.
Display: 6.80″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak), 1440x3200px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 515ppi; Always-on display.
Chipset (International): Exynos 2100: Octa-core (1×2.9 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.80 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G78 MP14
Chipset (USA/China): Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
Memory: 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM
OS/Software: Android 11, One UI 3.1.
Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, Super Steady video; Telephoto: 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm, 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom; Telephoto: 10 MP, f/4.9, 240mm, 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom.
Front camera: 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.7µm, PDAF.
Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps.
Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 25W, USB Power Delivery 3.0, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 4.5W.
Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, ultrasonic); Stereo speakers; NFC; FM radio (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent); Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support), ANT+, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified), Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.