This brief write up will show how you can safely open or disassemble your playstation 4 console if need be. Note that this process will void your warranty if still active. You are advised to forward your faulty PS4 to Sony or any authorised agent for repairs. You risk permanent damage to your console undertaking this yourself. The writer bears no responsibility for any damage caused as a result.
Opening Your PS4 console
- The PS4 console.
2. With the console facing you, use your hand to remove the smaller outer cover.
3. Unscrew the hard-drive position screw and gently pull out the hard-drive.
4. To open further you will have to void the warranty.
5. Flip the console upside down making its back face you.
6. Take out the screws inside the warranty stickers, and one each at the sides if need be.
7. Then pull out the cover.
8. On taking out the cover you will see the power pack, blu-ray disk drive and fan.
9. Take out the screws holding the power-pack.
10. Remove the power pack cable connected to the motherboard.
11. Carefully take out the power pack.
12. Unplug the blue ribbon cable.
13. Unplug the black cable connected to the motherboard.
14. Remove the disk-drive power cable.
15. Take out the screws holding the black cable previously unplugged.
16. Take out the remaining screws holding the disk drive.
17. Carefully remove the disk drive.
18. Now bluray drive and power pack are out.
19. Take out this screw.
20. Flip the console again to show top of console.
21. Remove the 2 screws holding the plastic cover.
22. Take off the plastic cover.
23. Remove this cable
24. Take out the remaining screws holding down the motherboard. About 12 in number.
25. Take out the 2 heat sink screws.
26. Take off the metal plate.
27. Carefully remove the motherboard.
See thermal paste location. To fix back motherboard, you need to remove or scrape out old thermal paste and apply new one.. Failure to do this can cause overheating issues.
To watch full video click HERE.