Millet starch is produced from millet. It is a very cheap good food for children, particularly toddlers. You can make it at home if you have a blender.
Items you need prepare millet starch;
- Millet ( at least 1kg)
- Clean buckets, bowls or container. (large enough to store and soak the millet grains)
- Sieving cloth bag
- Soak the millet with water inside a container for about 4 days. This is to soften the grains and make it easier to blend.
- Blend the millet grains. Using water, blend grains into a smooth paste as much as possible.
- Get ready clean water in a bucket or container up to half its capacity, and while holding the sieving cloth bag inside the bucket, pour the blended millet paste into it.
- You can use your left hand to seal the top of the sieve bag, and with the filled bottom part of the bag in water, wash and squeeze out the starch content into the water.
- Remove the shaft residue in the sieve bag.
You should sieve the blended millet paste little by little. You can even blend and then sieve, and repeat process until all millet grains is processed.
- Wait a day for the starch to settle
- Your millet starch is ready.