To know how much fuel your car consumes per kilometer, follow these steps.
1. Keep driving your car until the fuel level reaches reserve or fuel warning light starts blinking.
2 . Immediately get to the nearest filling station and fill up your car fuel tank. Note the amount of fuel (in liters) that was required to fill your tank from the fuel dispensing machine.
3. On your car dashboard set trip distance to zero from the trip meter, or write down the distance (in Km) covered by your car up to the point when you filled your fuel tank, from the odometer
4. Drive your car until fuel reaches reserve again.
5. At that point read the amount of distance covered by your car from the trip meter on your dashboard. Alternatively, read distance covered by car up to that point from the odometer and deduct from distance covered when you filled up tank at filling station.
6. Next divide the number of liters consumed (what was recorded at the filling station) by amount of distance covered.
For example, let’s say the amount of liters that filled up your car tank at the filling station was 35 liters, and at the time fuel depleted to reserve, you had covered a distance of 250Km driving, then amount of fuel consumed per kilometer can be calculated as follows;
35liters/250Km = 0.14liters/ Km
Or ,the distance covered per liter is 250km/35liters = 7.142Km per liter