Soya Beans Milk
- Pre-soak 0.5kg or 2 cups of soya beans for 9-10 hours.
- Remove the skin of the soya beans
- Grind/blend into smooth paste
- Pour 1-2 litres of water in a bowl and mix thoroughly with the blended soya beans
- Pour into a clean porous cloth bag and squeeze to drain the raw soya milk into a cooking bowl. (the shaft is useful to prepare other type of food; keep it).
- Put the raw soay milk to boil under low medium heat for 35-40 minutes
- Remove the foam produced at the top of the boil; it be used to make soya egg.
- Consume product like cow milk, you can add sugar to taste.
- Add few drops of vinegar to the foam collected from the milk.
- Add salt, tomato and onions then fry with vegetable oil.
- End product is like scrambled eggs.
Soya beans shaft.( Uses)
- Add cut onions to the shaft to aggregate
- The product now looking like moistened egusi can be added to soup.
- Cook well.
- Soak soya beans in water for 9-10 hours.
- Remove the skin and wash thoroughly.
- Sun dry.
- Grind into semi powder
- Add to vegetable soup as you would do with melon.
Fermented Soya Beans (similar to locust beans or IRU).
- Put water to boil.
- Pour soya beans into boiled water. The boiled water should cover. the soya beans completely. Leave to boil for 1 hour.
- Allow boiled beans to cool and remove the beans skin, thereafter; wash thoroughly.
- Put the beans into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and then cook slowly for 2 hours or until the beans tastes like boiled groundnuts.
- Drain off excess water.
- Line a clean basket with clean flat large leaves. (pawpaw or plantain leaves preferred)
- Empty the cooked, hot beans into the basket spread uniformly and cover with the leaves. Cover the basket also with a tray or calabash. Warp with a blanket or jute bag.
- Leave the basket in a warm place preferably near a fireplace for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours it is ready for use.
- (Optional) you can shape the fermented beans into little portions and sundry.
- 1 cup of soya beans.
- 2 cups of local beans.
- 1 medium sized onions.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Soak soya beans overnight and wash off the coat thoroughly.
- Soak the local beans for 20-30mins and wash off the coat thoroughly.
- Grind both type of beans together to a fine paste.
- Cut the onions and pepper into fine chips.
- Mix the beans with the finely cut onions and pepper.
- Deep fry with oil.